Thank You, Mr. Green

Vritti Godani, Staff Writer

For as long as I can remember, I have hated history. I dreaded learning about wars, empires, monarchs, and everything about the past. However, that changed after my first day in Mr. Green’s class. I do not remember much else about my first day as a freshman at AHS, but I do remember sitting in Mr. Green’s Period 6 Modern World History class and feeling captivated by his bright and bold personality. I still remember multiple things that I learned about in his class as a freshman, including the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand. Feelings of nervousness took over me this past summer after I decided to take APUSH in the fall. I was hoping that I would get Mr. Green as my teacher again, and my hopes turned into reality when I found out that I had gotten Mr. Green again. 

In his class, Mr. Green makes sure all his students know that they can succeed and that he is there for them. He assures his students that they have all the tools necessary to succeed and that they have the potential to reach their goals. If they are struggling, need extra help, or just need more support, Mr. Green makes sure his students know that he is there for them. He tells his students what exactly they need to do to achieve their goals, and he makes sure that his students always try their best. 

At the beginning of the year, I was not satisfied with my grade in his class. After spending numerous lunches in his room going over quizzes, Mr. Green has assured me that I have what it takes to succeed in his class, and that if I ever need extra help or guidance, he will be there. Every time I go into his classroom during lunch to go over a quiz, I leave feeling more confident in myself and my abilities to do well in his class. 

During one specific lunch period with Mr. Green, I remember he said that he had full confidence in me that I could do well in class. After hearing him say that, I felt more motivated and confident in myself. It felt good knowing that there was someone who believed in me and wanted to see me succeed. 

Mr. Green is a great teacher who is always present for his students. He assures his students that they have the potential to succeed and everyone deserves a teacher like Mr. Green.